We are currently not accepting new orders. Orders already placed will be serviced. We will be back to serve you soon.
A unique traditional dessert from Punjab widely savoured during winters. Punjabi pinnis are renowned for their rich melt in mouth texture. Handcrafted by the legendary sweets makers of Punajb’s iconic sweet makers, this special desi ghee pinni is made using urad dal, desi ghee, sugar and generous helping of almonds and cashew nuts. Garnished with pistachio pieces and almonds, these pinnis offer a truly heavenly sweet experience.
Savoured lovingly by one and all during cold winters months specially, these are known to give warmth and energy during the cold period. Savour a completely rich laden with dry fruits pinni from Punjab, a must have Punjabi sweet, and get a first hand experience of the rich culinary side of Punjab. Carrying a very good shelf life, these sweets make for must have winter foods and can be relished for weeks together.
India’s best pinnis, handcrafted on demand by the best pinni makers of Punjab and home delivered by TasteBells.
|Why Buy This?||
• Most popular Indian dessert from Punjab
• Amongst Best Indian sweets with a global appeal
• The original true taste of Punjab straight from the inventors of Dhodha from Kotkapura
• A legacy sweet with a rich history of over 100 years
• Press Coverage: The Indian News
|Weight||Variable (450g or 900g)|
|Shelf Life||20 days (Store in air tight container)|
• The product is packed fresh after you place the order
• Price is inclusive of handling and packaging charges of Rs 15
• Price is exclusive of GST
• The products would be sent in the original packaging of the product seller
• Special care is taken while packaging to ensure that the product remains intact and reaches you fresh
• The product is directly shipped from the seller to ensure that it reaches you fast and fresh
• The product will be air shipped and will be delivered to you within 4-5 business days
• Shipping currently not available for North-east
Punjab is popularly known across the globe as a haven for foodies. Besides the numerous lip-smacking delicacies that this food rich land has to offer, one sweet from this land that been winning hearts the world over is Dhodha. Laurels for this sweet have come not just from the Indian sub-continent, but from White House too.
The history of this heavenly sweet goes back to over a century. Dhodha was invented in 1912 by a wrestler, Harbans Vij in a town called Khushab of Sargodha district, now in Pakistan. Harbans stumbled upon this masterpiece recipe while trying to include something rich and nutritious in his diet. His experimentation in his kitchen to arrive at a nutrition supplement gave the world a ‘Sweet Jewel’. This sweet became so famous that a street was named after Dhodha in Pakistan.
The sale of Dhodha was commercialized in 1947 when the Harbans family moved from Pakistan to Kotkapura, Punjab after the partition. The recipe of this sweet is a well guarded secret that has been handed down over generations to ensure that people today are able to savor the same pristine century old taste of Dhodha. The new generations have worked to enhance the quality, taste and shelf life of this product. Savour the same richness of the original Dhodha from the inventors themselves; Dhodha House is certain to conquer your tastebuds.
Order the best foods of Punjab from the historic sweets makers of Punjab, home delivered by TasteBells.