We are currently not accepting new orders. Orders already placed will be serviced. We will be back to serve you soon.
Kalakand is a traditional Indian sweet prepared with the milk. This Indian sweet has its origin in the city of Alwar from where its popularity has spread across the globe.
Alwar Kalakand, Alwar ka Mawa or Alwar ka Milk Cake as this is more popularly known is created by the curdling of milk giving it its hallmark brown coloured centre. The creators of this sweet, Baba Thakur Das & Sons have championed the sweet revolution of Milk Cake in Alwar. Started way back in 1947, their Kalakand has conquered the taste palates of millions across the globe.
The rich combination of pure full cream milk sourced from villages, with almonds, cashew nuts, saffron and sugar is crafted into this heavenly sweet delicacy.
Feel enriched with the best quality Kalakand straight from the inventors of this sweet in Alwar. Undertake this joyous journey of taste with TasteBells.
|Why Buy This?||
• Amongst the Top 10 most popular Indian sweets to be relished
• Straight from the inventors of the world famous Indian dessert-Kalakand
• Baba Thakur Das & Sons has been been preparing this lip-smacking Indian sweet since 1947
• Sweets prepared under stringent quality control measures
|Shelf Life||7-8 days|
• The product is packed fresh after you place the order
• Price is inclusive of handling and packaging charges of Rs 20
• The price is exclusive of GST
• The products would be sent in the original packaging of the product seller
• Special care is taken while packaging to ensure that the product remains intact and reaches you fresh
• The product is directly shipped from the seller to ensure that it reaches you fast and fresh
• The product will be air shipped and will be delivered to you within 4-5 business days
• Shipping currently not available for North-East
The historical city of Alwar, Rajasthan has been passionately crafting a sweet delicacy over the past 60 years which has etched the name of this city in the hearts of millions of food lovers.
One sweet shop which is credited for having initiated and leading this Milk cake sweet revolution is Baba Thakur Das and Sons, Kalakand Market, Alwar. Started way back in 1947 by Baba Thakur Dasji when he came to India from Pakistan after partition, this sweet has become more of a way of life in Alwar.
What sets apart this Kalakand pioneers, Baba Thakur Das and Sons, from other sweet houses is the expertise and quality control measures employed by them in manufacturing this sweet delight. Made with the best quality pure milk and sugar, the family personally monitors the quality of ingredients and the entire preparation process every day. Their factory houses 16 bhattis manned by 16 people managing different stages of Milk cake preparation. Using 4000 litres of milk every day, this iconic sweet house sells 800 kg-1000 kg of sweet memories every day. The richness of their sweet and its amazing texture can be gauged from the fact that 5 litres of milk is curdled to prepare 1.6 kgs of Kalakand. What add to the taste are the sweet water of Alwar and the soil which adds richness to the milk.
Experience the true essence and the rich taste of Kalakand straight from the creators of this sweet-Baba Thakur Das & Sons, Alwar. You are guaranteed to fall in love with this delightful sweet, brought to your doorstep straight from the Creators by TasteBells